POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Insight? : Re: Insight? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Insight?
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Sep 2009 11:33:05
Message: <4aae6231@news.povray.org>
>> (Although it does have hot-swap bays and a few percent higher clock
>> speed.)
>
> I would like to remind all advertisers that "hot-swap" does not mean
> "you don't have to unrack the server to change the drive."   Thank you.

Both servers have drive bays at the front that you can easily pull the
drives out of. But only one is marked as "hot-swap". I'm presuming that
means one has to be turned off before you pull drives. (Although
*obviously* if I were going to actually reach into my pocket, I'd check
first...)

>> I have no idea who the hell needs 144GB of RAM, but I'm not one of them
>
> People holding the entire database in RAM.

Why in the name of God would you do that? And who has a database that
big anyway??

>> Also interesting is that the HP stuff tends to give you by far the
>> most bang for your buck.
>
> On the occasions that it works, yes. Until it falls apart.

I don't follow.