POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 82% crazy Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  82% crazy (Message 15 to 24 of 44)
From: triple r
Subject: Re: 82% crazy
Date: 7 Sep 2009 00:50:03
Message: <web.4aa490f1315b7656958421d50@news.povray.org>
> It appears to me that there's even more potential in that piece than the
> classic church organ cliche - just listen to this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8Fa_EUQqY

Wow.  I thought I was a heretic for getting into the whole Bach-on-a-piano
thing.  I can't say I really enjoyed that interpretation, but at the same time
I don't see the whole point of strict interpretations.  I was reading about
Sviatoslov Richter the other day.  Among other things, he insisted on putting
an apology with a CD of the Italian Concerto for a single note he had missed
unnoticed for forty years.  I mean those composers were pretty incredible, but
it seems wrong to elevate their works to that of unerring perfection.  If you
have something to add, then why not?

That said, it is possible to go too far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvpALlP_7lE

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message