POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 82% crazy : Re: 82% crazy Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 82% crazy
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Sep 2009 15:19:00
Message: <4aa7ffa4$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> invent an experiment where a particle(s) is held in a quantum state, and
> you could get some fool to walk through the middle of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose%E2%80%93Einstein_condensate

Note that you can make these bigger than the room the equipment is in, so
theoretically you could walk thru it. :-)

> So, no.. A
> quantum instrument doesn't need someone "listening" to it to do
> something.

This was, indeed, the whole point of the Schodinger's cat argument. Is the
cat alive enough to collapse its own waveform?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)