POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Mysteries of the universe (Message 21 to 30 of 223)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Mysteries of the universe
Date: 3 Sep 2009 04:06:17
Message: <4a9f78f9$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Maybe the first unis that did this figured people were Pascal-based
> rather than C-based.  (Pascal, IIRC, starts arrays at '1', C starts at
> '0').

As *I* remember, Pascal arrays start at whatever index you tell them to
start at. (E.g, you can make the first index be 17 if you want...)

VAR stuff : ARRAY [17..21] OF INT;

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 3 Sep 2009 04:07:32
Message: <4a9f7944$1@news.povray.org>
>> Are mushrooms poisonous on purpose, or by accident?
>
> That implies a will behind their creation.  And not all mushrooms are
> poisonous.  Take the ones that I had on my hamburger last night..... ;-)

No it doesn't.

Did mushrooms evolve to be poisonous because that's advantageous
somehow? Or do they just happen to be poisonous to animals because of
their unusual chemistry?

Post a reply to this message