POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Sep 2009 04:40:12
Message: <4a9f80ec$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:

> How pure the rainwater even is?

Depends on the local pollution levels. (Ever hear of acid rain?)

> Pure water (H2O) doesn't lead electricity (at least not very well)

In our lab, we measure water purity by electrical conductivity. The
higher the resistence, the purer the water...

...which is kinda silly really, given that the impurities that affect
resistence are the least relevant to the work we do.

> the usual water you get from tap
> ain't pure, it has all kinds of particels within it, including metal
> ones. I'd *guess* the rainwater hasn't got as much metal particels as
> the water already on the ground and doesn't lead electricity as well.

I would suggest that the ionic compounds disolved in tap water have a
*much* more significant effect than any hypothetical "metal particles"
it may contain...