POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Warp
Date: 3 Sep 2009 04:41:30
Message: <4a9f813a@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> > Come to think of it, why doesn't rain short out power cables?

> Because air with rain in it is still an insulator?

  Ok, there's definitely something here I'm seriously not understanding.

  What does rain or water have *anything* to do shorting out power cables?
I don't get it.

  Heck, there are power cables at the bottom of the sea. So what? What does
that have to do with anything?

  It feels like everybody is writing like power cables were bare metal wires
with nothing covering them. Why?

--
                                                          - Warp