POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mysteries of the universe : Re: Mysteries of the universe Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysteries of the universe
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Sep 2009 04:23:05
Message: <4a9f7ce9$1@news.povray.org>
>> Why do some people like the X-Files?
>
> Because it's cool.  The whole UFO "I want to believe" mantra as well as
> the "Trust no one" conspiracionist theories were all around in the 90s...

I just don't see the point.

Each episode, something happens which makes absolutely no sense. It's
not that it's "mysterious", it's just nonsensical. Molder and Scully
investigate. A series of utterly incomprehensible events occur. It turns
out that the conspiracy was actually a conspiracy to create a conspiracy
that would make people think the conspiracy was actually a conspiracy
about a conspiracy to create a conspiracy. But then that turns out to be
wrong too. And after about an hour of abject failure to make any kind of
weakly comprehendable sense, the show ends.

WTF?

I mean, seriously. Any moron can write a bunch of gibberish that doesn't
make sense. But where's the entertainment in that?!

>> Are mushrooms poisonous on purpose, or by accident?
>
> On purpose.  They know you'd eat them otherwise.

I see...