POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Dell support Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Dell support (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Dell support
Date: 1 Sep 2009 04:15:33
Message: <4a9cd825$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Unfortunately most people aren't as thoughtful as you, and will just
> choose the cheapest product or service regardless.  This forces
> companies to reduce their costs in ways like this or risk going bankrupt.
>
> Offer someone a laptop for $500 with very good support speaking fluently
> in your language, or one for $400 with dodgy support, and I bet most
> people will take the cheaper one.  Companies know this.

If I was buying a laptop for myself, then sure. What irks me is that we
paid Dell extra $$$ specifically for the support contract. (And I'm not
talking about small numbers here.) And yet, the support is still pittiful.

Post a reply to this message

>> Offer someone a laptop for $500 with very good support speaking fluently
>> in your language, or one for $400 with dodgy support, and I bet most
>> people will take the cheaper one.  Companies know this.
>
> If I was buying a laptop for myself, then sure. What irks me is that we
> paid Dell extra $$$ specifically for the support contract. (And I'm not
> talking about small numbers here.) And yet, the support is still pittiful.

Hmm, Dell support has been really good for me here at work, the support
system seems to be totally different for corporate accounts compared to
personal orders.

Post a reply to this message