POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inadvisible Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Inadvisible (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Invisible
Subject: Inadvisible
Date: 27 Aug 2009 05:21:56
Message: <4a965034$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-cpu-gpu,6645.html

Crysis with no GPU? Now I've seen everything!

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Subject: Re: Inadvisible
Date: 27 Aug 2009 05:33:49
Message: <4a9652fd$1@news.povray.org>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-cpu-gpu,6645.html

"Systems built to take advantage of WARP from a hardware standpoint will be
able to display graphics even when the video card is missing-or toasted."

So what are they going to do, put the DVI connector on the motherboard or
something?  Sounds cool.

> Crysis with no GPU? Now I've seen everything!

Looks like this is just a beefed up version of the reference rasteriser that
comes with the DirectX SDK.

Post a reply to this message

> "Systems built to take advantage of WARP from a hardware standpoint will
> be able to display graphics even when the video card is missing-or
> toasted."
>
> So what are they going to do, put the DVI connector on the motherboard
> or something?  Sounds cool.

I guess the idea is that if the GPU is toast but the card itself still
works, it's still usable... but wouldn't that be the case anyway? *shrugs*

>> Crysis with no GPU? Now I've seen everything!
>
> Looks like this is just a beefed up version of the reference rasteriser
> that comes with the DirectX SDK.

Beefed up to support all DirectX 10.1 features, yeah...

Post a reply to this message