POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inadvisible : Re: Inadvisible Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inadvisible
From: scott
Date: 27 Aug 2009 10:39:29
Message: <4a969aa1$1@news.povray.org>
>> So what are they going to do, put the DVI connector on the motherboard or
>> something?  Sounds cool.
>
> Well, I do have a machine with an onboard DVI connector. Nothing new
> actually - onboard graphics have been around since decades. The
> performance is far from the top of the crop of course, but perfectly
> sufficient for a Linux-based "render slave" (I don't have a display
> connected to it anyway :-)).

What I initially thought when I read the article was that they were going to
put the DVI connector on the mainboard and then have a slot for a 3D card.
The 3D card would then feed the display signal back into the mainboard and
out the DVI connector.  That was the only way I saw it possible to allow the
CPU to keep showing a display when the graphics card is removed...