POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backward Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Backward (Message 4 to 13 of 33)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Backward
Date: 11 Aug 2009 12:38:09
Message: <4a819e71@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> So we're _not_ going to use this feature. Why? Because the people at HQ
> don't use this feature.

  What happens if you use it anyways?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: triple r
Date: 11 Aug 2009 13:10:00
Message: <web.4a81a569b9e696ba958421d50@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > So we're _not_ going to use this feature. Why? Because the people at HQ
> > don't use this feature.
>
>   What happens if you use it anyways?

HQ gets upset because you don't follow protocol.  You get upset because they
require an unreasonable solution.  They get more upset because you are now
deliberately disobeying orders.  You get more upset they don't listen to
reason.  They get upset because they can't simply apply one rule to all groups
and create a nice, perfect world.  Meanwhile, both groups think the other is a
collection of complete idiots, too stubborn to just do the reasonable thing,
solve the problem, and move on.

At least, that's how it works around here.  Now, it's an external contract so
it's a little different, but really it's basically the same.  They used
incorrect physics to redesign the prototype so it can use a little less power.
We know it won't work and don't want to go down that road.  We try to explain it
to them, but they just get upset that we refuse to help them.  And it goes back
and forth.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message