POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Backward : Re: Backward Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backward
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Aug 2009 04:17:11
Message: <4a83cc07@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> What OS can the software run in? You might make use of virtualization
> (VMWare, VirtualPC, etc.) to solve your problem.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that.

I have a laptop with a USB to serial adaptor, but the software
stubbornly *refuses* to use it. If I were to set up a virtual machine,
then the software would be unable to tell it's accessing a USB device;
it would look like a native serial port.

OTOH, last time I tried to set up a virtual machine, it took two days
just to install Windows XP and update to service pack 3. That's quite
absurdly slow...