POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Conspiracy Question (Message 21 to 30 of 186)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
Date: 30 Jul 2009 01:03:08
Message: <4a71298c@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> So... God would prefer his favored creation to be divided into factions,
> fight and squabbling, with a good deal of killing eachother, than a
> harmonious planet were we get along?

Well, the one world government is supposed to "mark" or "tag" people as
beasts, via... the number of the beast of course. It's demeaning to be
marked and tracked as an animal.

> Oh, yeah, there was that whole tower of babel thing..

If I remember correctly the moral behind that story was that man was
trying to reach God's throne in a vain fashion, and God was asserting
his superior wisdom. "You can't reach spiritual heights with muscle/mind
alone."

Of course, we go up into space all the time these days without
experiencing too many mishaps.

Post a reply to this message

> Well, the one world government is supposed to "mark" or "tag" people as
> beasts, via... the number of the beast of course. It's demeaning to be
> marked and tracked as an animal.

Although it's the most famous contemporary interpretation of that "Mark/Number
of the Beast" thing, John's Apocalypsis is not nearly that clear. A simple
uniform sign would fit the bill, too.

Post a reply to this message

>> Well, the one world government is supposed to "mark" or "tag" people as
>> beasts, via... the number of the beast of course. It's demeaning to be
>> marked and tracked as an animal.
>
> Although it's the most famous contemporary interpretation of that "Mark/Number
> of the Beast" thing, John's Apocalypsis is not nearly that clear. A simple
> uniform sign would fit the bill, too.

I actually don't know the current interpretations, I was just asking
myself, "what would the Number look like today?" I can't help but to
think people tracking people with RFID tags or some such thing.

Post a reply to this message

> I actually don't know the current interpretations, I was just asking
> myself, "what would the Number look like today?" I can't help but to
> think people tracking people with RFID tags or some such thing.

Implanted chips are all the rage these days. They seem to have become quite
popular for pets already, instead of ear tattoos.

A few years ago, some company seems to actually have proposed such a chip to be
implanted into the hand as a replacement for credit cards. As you can imagine,
fundamental christians got a *bit* upset about this.

Post a reply to this message

>> I actually don't know the current interpretations, I was just asking
>> myself, "what would the Number look like today?" I can't help but to
>> think people tracking people with RFID tags or some such thing.
>
> Implanted chips are all the rage these days. They seem to have become quite
> popular for pets already, instead of ear tattoos.
>
> A few years ago, some company seems to actually have proposed such a chip to be
> implanted into the hand as a replacement for credit cards. As you can imagine,
> fundamental christians got a *bit* upset about this.

I for one would rather not have a tag implanted into my body. Sure, a
person would have to get close to scan you, but still... It's creepy and
reminds me of the Borg somehow :/

Post a reply to this message