POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: stbenge
Date: 30 Jul 2009 01:03:08
Message: <4a71298c@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> So... God would prefer his favored creation to be divided into factions,
> fight and squabbling, with a good deal of killing eachother, than a
> harmonious planet were we get along?

Well, the one world government is supposed to "mark" or "tag" people as
beasts, via... the number of the beast of course. It's demeaning to be
marked and tracked as an animal.

> Oh, yeah, there was that whole tower of babel thing..

If I remember correctly the moral behind that story was that man was
trying to reach God's throne in a vain fashion, and God was asserting
his superior wisdom. "You can't reach spiritual heights with muscle/mind
alone."

Of course, we go up into space all the time these days without
experiencing too many mishaps.