POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
9 Oct 2024 19:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Conspiracy Question (Message 121 to 130 of 186)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
Date: 3 Aug 2009 22:35:29
Message: <4a779e71@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:23:43 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I don't see how that relates - I'm talking about understanding depth of
>> field.....?
>
> I've even read of tribes of people living in rainforests for generations
> who, when the researcher takes them out of the forest, are amazed that
> he knows how to make cows the size of flies. Never having been able to
> see more than a dozen yards in a straight line, they never got the whole
> perspective thing figured out.
>
> Not that I've ever been able to find a cite for that, but I remember
> reading it long ago in a context that would imply it wasn't fictional.

Yeah, I remember reading that as well, I think maybe even up here, but
there wasn't a good citation for it.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Aug 2009 22:38:47
Message: <4a779f37$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:29:30 -0500, David H. Burns wrote:

>  that I objected to
> the tern "Bible Belt".
> I do think that it is hardly ever used in any but a pejorative sense

I've never actually heard it used in a pejorative or derogatory sense.
I've always heard it to refer to a set of southern states (as defined on
the map that Darren pointed to) where there is a fair grouping of people
following various sects of Christianity.  I've heard it used by people
from *within* the Bible Belt as well, at that.

Jim

Post a reply to this message