POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Aug 2009 22:38:47
Message: <4a779f37$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:29:30 -0500, David H. Burns wrote:

>  that I objected to
> the tern "Bible Belt".
> I do think that it is hardly ever used in any but a pejorative sense

I've never actually heard it used in a pejorative or derogatory sense.
I've always heard it to refer to a set of southern states (as defined on
the map that Darren pointed to) where there is a fair grouping of people
following various sects of Christianity.  I've heard it used by people
from *within* the Bible Belt as well, at that.

Jim