POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Aug 2009 00:51:20
Message: <4a77be48$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Just so you know, falling back on the "every single word in the entire
>> discussion has to be extensively and precisely defined, even tho all
>> participants already know what it means" is an old and foolish
>> debating trick.
>
> Why foolish?  Seems reasonable to me.  Make sure everyone's on the same
> proverbial page, and clarifies things.

Even tho everyone participating already knows what it means? Even when the
words admittedly don't have the sort of precision you're asking for?
Especially when the topic isn't even about the words that you're arguing the
definitions for?

Sorry. Foolish. Especially foolish if you do it so transparently. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."