POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something from Nothing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Something from Nothing? (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Something from Nothing?
Date: 27 Jul 2009 17:50:44
Message: <4a6e2134@news.povray.org>
> If we knew what happened in the first 10^-43 seconds, maybe we'd know where
> everything came from, but there's no reason I know of, outside genesis, to
> think there was nothing before there was something.

  It just brings the (maybe a bit philosophical) question: How is it possible
that everything has always existed?

  (Of course this question becomes very complicated even in the physics
sense, as the concept of time "before" the Big Bang becomes a bit complex.
It's impossible for us to tell what, if anything, was before the Big Bang,
including time itself. It's one of those impassable horizons in the universe.
If time didn't "exist" before the Big Bang, then exactly what is it that
happened?)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message