POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something from Nothing? : Re: Something from Nothing? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something from Nothing?
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jul 2009 11:46:45
Message: <4a6f1d65$1@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> But don't we know that matter as we know it didn't exist.

If by "matter" you mean atoms and stuff, yea, AFAIK, we're pretty sure. If
you mean "matter" how physicists talk about it, as in the thing that's
equivalent to energy and has inertial mass, I'm not so sure. I don't know
that anyone thinks there wasn't enough "energy" type stuff around to form
all the matter we see now.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."