POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Job statistics Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Job statistics (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Invisible
Subject: Job statistics
Date: 22 Jul 2009 05:05:23
Message: <4a66d653$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so let's ask Wolfram Alpha:

http://tinyurl.com/l7djfe

Logically, you might expect there to be a correlation between how rare a
profession is and how much they get paid. I don't see one.

You might also expect dangerous jobs to pay more. Doesn't seem to be the
case.

So how about how skilled the job is? Well, there's kind-of a correlation
there...

But mostly, I'm just surprised that [except for doctors, who are the
clear outliers here] programmers supposedly earn more than everybody
else, by quite some margin. (You'd expect the accountants to be ahead by
a mile...)

Ooo, lawyers? Nope, apparently they earn (substantially) less than
doctors. [But of course, this is only on average... No range figures to
go at.]

Post a reply to this message