POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Tell me it isn't so! (Message 254 to 263 of 473)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Tell me it isn't so!
Date: 27 Jul 2009 15:54:25
Message: <4a6e05f1$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:30:54 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Welllll... I wouldn't go that far. It was acknowledged as simplified, in
> much the same way that DOS BAT files are simplified or editor macros are
> simplified. It was designed as a beginner's language, so it wasn't
> really frowned upon any more than LOGO or PILOT is frowned upon.

+1.  BASIC was used as a good entry level way to teach programming logic
(just like LOGO and PILOT) back in my early days programming.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Jul 2009 15:57:19
Message: <4a6e069f$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:47:32 +0200, andrel wrote:

> BTW I agree with clipka, it is a bit of overreacting. It is also a bit
> out of character for Darren, so I guess he was just tired.

+1, I haven't followed the discussion that closely, but I didn't see any
place where DHB seemed to be attacking Darren, definitely seems out of
character to me, too.

Jim

Post a reply to this message