POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Warp
Date: 27 Jul 2009 17:30:29
Message: <4a6e1c75@news.povray.org>
David H. Burns <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
> it was *very* useful at work and at play! And by it, I learned that even
> I can program,

  No offence, but I think that's one of the big problems: So many people
*think* that they know how to program because they have written some simple
scripts with BASIC or whatever, and then clueless employers hire them based
solely on the fact that they *claim* they know how to program, after which
you get horrible programs which are huge, full of kludges, full of bugs and
basically unmaintainable.

  You just have to read TheDailyWTF to see actual examples.

--
                                                          - Warp