POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: clipka
Date: 27 Jul 2009 17:10:01
Message: <web.4a6e1795ac52dfd4842b7b550@news.povray.org>
> clipka wrote:
> > For quite a while you didn't get any programming language for free with
> > IMB-compatible PCs when they replaced home computers as the private man's
>
> I'm pretty sure you still had GWBasic in ROM.

That was true for some genuine IBM machines (except I'm not sure about the
dialect). The clones didn't have it though, nor did later IBM's as far as I'm
aware.

And the IBM machines were prohibitively expensive at that time, so they never
got any big market share in the hobbyists mass market that had previously been
dominated by home computers.