POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not at all funny Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  Not at all funny (Message 11 to 20 of 27)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: Not at all funny
Date: 13 Jul 2009 21:32:55
Message: <4a5be047$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Tom Austin wrote:
>
>> the barriers were not sufficient enough to keep someone out of the
>> hole  that was that dumb.
>

>  From other reports I've read, there were no barriers or cones at all.
> They just opened the manhole cover and then went somewhere else without
> putting up any notice.

The story on 1010 Wins began with the workers claiming that they were
going to get the cones.  In the final evolution they were just sitting
in the truck.  Which sounds more believable.

Still, I too have zero sympathy for the girl.  Though, as it sounded in
her interview, she was ready to blow the whole thing off anyway.  The
suit may be the parents just looking for a way to pay for the MRI which
eventuated from the whole incident.  Can't really blame them for that.
Those are a couple of grand, right?

Post a reply to this message

> The story on 1010 Wins began with the workers claiming that they were
> going to get the cones.

Yeah. The right answer, of course, is to leave the whole covered until you
have the cones. :-)

> Still, I too have zero sympathy for the girl.

I can imagine it was surprising, and perhaps disgusting. I'm glad nobody was
seriously hurt.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."