POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Not at all funny : Re: Not at all funny Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not at all funny
From: Jim Charter
Date: 13 Jul 2009 21:32:55
Message: <4a5be047$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Tom Austin wrote:
>
>> the barriers were not sufficient enough to keep someone out of the
>> hole  that was that dumb.
>

>  From other reports I've read, there were no barriers or cones at all.
> They just opened the manhole cover and then went somewhere else without
> putting up any notice.

The story on 1010 Wins began with the workers claiming that they were
going to get the cones.  In the final evolution they were just sitting
in the truck.  Which sounds more believable.

Still, I too have zero sympathy for the girl.  Though, as it sounded in
her interview, she was ready to blow the whole thing off anyway.  The
suit may be the parents just looking for a way to pay for the MRI which
eventuated from the whole incident.  Can't really blame them for that.
Those are a couple of grand, right?