POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Racism in the US (Message 21 to 30 of 105)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Racism in the US
Date: 10 Jul 2009 16:03:48
Message: <4a579ea4$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> While many white men feel marginalised by these things, one must
> consider the very real notion that, for much of recorded history, males
> in general (and white males in the Western societies) *have* abused
> their positions of power,

Wait, worse than the Asians abused their positions of power? Worse than the
africans abused their positions of power over other africans?  Worse than
the native americans in power over other native americans? Why are white
people in power buying black slaves worse than the black people in power
buying black slaves? Why is white people conquering India worse than Japan
invading China?

I strongly suspect it's because the white folks know their own history much
better than they know the history of other cultures. Quick, without looking,
what was going on in Africa and India during the medieval ages? Who were the
power players?

And, interestingly enough, when you look around the world today, where do
you see the *most* civil rights?  What countries are the ones where people
are *shocked* by abuses rather than saying "we really should get them to
change that"?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."