POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 10 Jul 2009 17:01:03
Message: <4a57ac0f@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:
> I recently read a story on CNN
> http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/09/philly.pool/index.html
>
> The story is about how a group of black kids were 'expelled' from a pool
> because of race.
>

> An interesting quote is:
> "He said two other day-care centers, neither of which included minority
> children, had previously been similarly disinvited."
>
> So, two groups of kids had been 'disinvited' with no loud complaining.
> As soon as the exact thing happens to a racial minority, it becomes a
> problem.
>
> I don't know if the action was racially motivated or not - I'm not
> judging that.  But it is amazing how people jump to say this is racially
> motivated.
>
> Just look at the quote:
> "But Duesler told two Philadelphia television stations that the children
> had changed "the complexion" and "atmosphere" of the club."
>
> While I can see how this could be a racially charged statement, it could
> easily apply to ANY group of people and not be racially charged.
>

> Even with the bias of the article I can see plenty of evidence that the
> incident may not have been racially motivated.
>

> I guess people should be sensitive to things like this because it was
> such a big problem in the past, and continues to be problem today.  But
> at times it seems that it goes a little too far.
>
> I wish people would take the time to understand the facts before passing
> judgment.  IMHO much in this article points towards people making snap
> judgments without taking time to try to understand what really happened.
>  Black group - kicked out by white people - something must be wrong.

Actually, got a better one for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqbL9-HzxH4

Didn't know that Italians and Irish where "different species"... Even
the women in the room asked him if he wasn't suffering from a mental
disorder himself, and given that his is Fox News... lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();