POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 10 Jul 2009 22:31:01
Message: <4a57f965@news.povray.org>
On 07/10/09 15:36, Warp wrote:
>    The Rwandan genocide is completely in par with the nazi holocaust. However,
> which one of these two is better remembered?

	Well, perhaps as importantly people should notice (and later, remember)
what went on in the Democratic Republic of Congo over the last 10-12
years. It's the deadliest conflict since WWII. I think the latest
estimate is over 5 million excess deaths (i.e. violent deaths and also
including deaths due to malnutrition, etc that are estimated wouldn't
have happened in the absence of the conflict).

	I could say a few more things about it, but I'd rather people just look
it up. I don't actually know the details of the players and the history
of the conflict. Some (a lot?) of it is actually a spillover from the
Rwandan genocide (i.e. Hutus and Tutsis). But it goes beyond that.

	If you do look it up, then the one thing to notice is the "rape
epidemic" there - it may well be remembered for that alone.

--
BASIC isn't; C stands for Confusing...

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl