POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jul 2009 16:05:56
Message: <4a579f24@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> americans to schools who did better than the asians, or something like
>
>     This is a new one for me.

Honestly, I was trying to make it not all about blacks. :-) Lots of people
think there should be rules against immigrant asians taking spots that
residents should have, too, regardless of qualifications. Same thing,
different type of discrimination.

>     I haven't followed this, but my colleague, who did his undergrad in
> UC Berkeley, states that the UC system removed affirmative action in the
> 90's and have not reinstated it since.

Yeah.  Before then, there was lots of back and forth, and lots of failed
initiatives and such. Not unlike the whole gay marriage thing nowadays.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."