POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Racism in the US (Message 11 to 20 of 105)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Racism in the US
Date: 10 Jul 2009 11:28:36
Message: <4a575e24@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> It's sad but it's true: Equal Opportunities actually means giving more
> opportunities to people deemed to be undervalued by present or possibly
> past society. Which is rather self-contradictory...

  Also certain people get more protection from law than others, based on
ethnicity, both de-facto and in some cases even de-jure. This even in
constitutional countries where the constitution guarantees equal legal
treatment.

  (The fact that treating people differently based on ethnicity is the
very definition of racism seems to be completely inconsequential.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message