POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Racism in the US : Re: Racism in the US Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Racism in the US
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Jul 2009 12:35:55
Message: <4a576deb$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In many places (especially in the US but very much also in Europe) some
> people (such as employers) cannot treat everybody in the same way for the
> fear of being accused of racism.

To be fair, this *does* keep going back and forth. One not rarely reads
articles where some court or other said it was discriminatory to not promote
the white folks who passed the test just because none of the minorities who
took the test passed, or that it's illegal to not admit americans to schools
who did better than the asians, or something like that. Every couple years
there's a ballot in California to switch between "equal opportunity" and "no
discrimination" in the state universities, for example.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."