POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of money Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Lots of money (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Invisible
Subject: Lots of money
Date: 15 Jun 2009 10:45:30
Message: <4a365e8a$1@news.povray.org>
Computer Weekly, 26 May - 1 June 2009

[Um, why am I still receiving this junk?]

Page 14

"Average salaries on offer to permanent staff in Q1 2009:

This raises many interesting questions. (E.g., what the hell is an
"operator"? Do you realise that "analyst" and "programmer" are two
wildly different job titles? What does a "database administrator"
actually do all day?)

But for me, the really significant part is that only the two lowliest
jobs on the list pay less than *twice* my current salary. O_O

Also entertaining is page 15, where there's a chart showing demand for
various IT skills. Every item on the list has gone down by roughly 50%,
with the following exceptions:

   HTML -5%
   JavaScript +7%
   Linux -23%