POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lots of money : Re: Lots of money Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lots of money
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Jun 2009 03:53:34
Message: <4a3b43fe$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> IME the salary varies much more from company to company rather than from
> job title to job title.  Thus, the best way to get a significant pay
> rise is to move companies :-)

It seems to me that IT job titles vary rather greatly from company to
company. One company's "programmer" is another company's "business
analyst". Which is worrying, because those are rather different roles,
having wildly different responsibilities...

>> Insert conclusions here. ;-)
>
> You're not that fussed about earning more money, and you don't like much
> change in your life.

I meant about everything being in decline except web-related
technologies. :-P

I'm not quite sure how you get from "I can't get a better job" to "I
don't want a better job"...