POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hypothesis #2 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Hypothesis #2 (Message 14 to 23 of 33)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Hypothesis #2
Date: 10 Jun 2009 14:23:44
Message: <4a2ffa30$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escreveu:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:25:58 -0300, nemesis wrote:
>
>> Excellent point.  Instant gratification it is.  A side-effect of living
>> in a consumerist society I believe.  Kinda like a perpetual hunger...
>
> Yep.  And I think most people are susceptible to it - heck, I know it's
> the reason I haven't picked up my violin in several years (well, that and
> I need about $400 of work done on it) - I'd have to work to get the
> skills back and wouldn't be able to play the stuff I was playing when I
> stopped.  Doing scales is no fun, but it would be a necessary part of
> starting up again.

I bought an Yamaha digital grand piano out of pure desire, but rarely I
find either time or motivation to play it.  My interests are always
shifting circularly, sometimes more on programming, more on povving,
others on videogaming, music... it was so much easier concentrating on
one thing alone when you didn't know any other way or it wasn't readily
available... :P

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:23:44 -0300, nemesis wrote:

> Jim Henderson escreveu:
>> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:25:58 -0300, nemesis wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent point.  Instant gratification it is.  A side-effect of
>>> living in a consumerist society I believe.  Kinda like a perpetual
>>> hunger...
>>
>> Yep.  And I think most people are susceptible to it - heck, I know it's
>> the reason I haven't picked up my violin in several years (well, that
>> and I need about $400 of work done on it) - I'd have to work to get the
>> skills back and wouldn't be able to play the stuff I was playing when I
>> stopped.  Doing scales is no fun, but it would be a necessary part of
>> starting up again.
>
> I bought an Yamaha digital grand piano out of pure desire, but rarely I
> find either time or motivation to play it.  My interests are always
> shifting circularly, sometimes more on programming, more on povving,
> others on videogaming, music... it was so much easier concentrating on
> one thing alone when you didn't know any other way or it wasn't readily
> available... :P

I know that feeling.  I seem to shift interests in that sort of fashion
as well - lately it's been less tweakage on my Linux systems and more
just loafing around.  I'm trying to get the motivation to start going to
the gym again (haven't been in a couple months as I've not felt well -
not really ill, just not really feeling well IYKWIM).

Jim

Post a reply to this message