POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hypothesis #2 : Re: Hypothesis #2 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hypothesis #2
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Jun 2009 14:32:08
Message: <4a2ffc28@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:23:44 -0300, nemesis wrote:

> Jim Henderson escreveu:
>> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:25:58 -0300, nemesis wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent point.  Instant gratification it is.  A side-effect of
>>> living in a consumerist society I believe.  Kinda like a perpetual
>>> hunger...
>>
>> Yep.  And I think most people are susceptible to it - heck, I know it's
>> the reason I haven't picked up my violin in several years (well, that
>> and I need about $400 of work done on it) - I'd have to work to get the
>> skills back and wouldn't be able to play the stuff I was playing when I
>> stopped.  Doing scales is no fun, but it would be a necessary part of
>> starting up again.
>
> I bought an Yamaha digital grand piano out of pure desire, but rarely I
> find either time or motivation to play it.  My interests are always
> shifting circularly, sometimes more on programming, more on povving,
> others on videogaming, music... it was so much easier concentrating on
> one thing alone when you didn't know any other way or it wasn't readily
> available... :P

I know that feeling.  I seem to shift interests in that sort of fashion
as well - lately it's been less tweakage on my Linux systems and more
just loafing around.  I'm trying to get the motivation to start going to
the gym again (haven't been in a couple months as I've not felt well -
not really ill, just not really feeling well IYKWIM).

Jim