POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  You know... (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: You know...
Date: 8 Jun 2009 10:17:46
Message: <4a2d1d8a$1@news.povray.org>
You know there's something physically wrong with you when...

- Somebody says "just my $0.02", and you immediately think "Verizon math
fail".

- You use a bread knife and a butter knife to prepair your meal, and as
you walk to the sink to clean them, a quiet voice in your head says "As
you can see we've been watching you for some time now, Mr Andrew. It
seems that you've been using... /two/ knives..."

- You read http://xkcd.com/594/ and immediately ask Wolfram Alpha to
check the result for you.

Post a reply to this message

> You know there's something physically wrong with you when...
>
> - Somebody says "just my $0.02", and you immediately think "Verizon math
> fail".

	Well, did he say 0.2 cents?

--
Every hard drive I've ever bought has been larger than all my previous
hard drives combined. And this is without even trying.

                     /\  /\               /\  /
                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl

Post a reply to this message

> You know there's something physically wrong with you when...

> - Somebody says "just my $0.02", and you immediately think "Verizon math
> fail".

  True, given that the expression seems absolutely correct. Maybe needlessly
contrived, but technically accurate.

  Now, if it had been "0.02 cents"...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> You know there's something physically wrong with you when...
>
> - Somebody says "just my $0.02", and you immediately think "Verizon math
> fail".

:snort: I showed my wife that sound clip. She listened intently, then,
at the very end, she's like... Do they need to go back to first grade
math? (she's a 1st grade teacher)

> - You use a bread knife and a butter knife to prepair your meal, and as
> you walk to the sink to clean them, a quiet voice in your head says "As
> you can see we've been watching you for some time now, Mr Andrew. It
> seems that you've been using... /two/ knives..."

Yyyeah... When the voices start talking to you, it's time to find some
professional help.

(I don't know if this is just a silly joke, but if you're hearing voices
like that, seriously, find help immediately. No! I am not being mean, I
am not poking fun... )

> - You read http://xkcd.com/594/ and immediately ask Wolfram Alpha to
> check the result for you.

lol, And here I was considering using Google to figure out if the math
was right.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

I've seen people do that before. It always gives me an uncontrollable
urge to wring their neck... dunno why, though... :)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> You know there's something physically wrong with you when...
>
>> - Somebody says "just my $0.02", and you immediately think "Verizon math
>> fail".
>
>   True, given that the expression seems absolutely correct. Maybe
>   needlessly
> contrived, but technically accurate.
>
>   Now, if it had been "0.02 cents"...

I think the actual number in the Verizon thing was 0.002.

I have seen people jokingly say "my 0.002 cents" after helping someone, as a
reference to the Verizon math fail.

Post a reply to this message

Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I have seen people jokingly say "my 0.002 cents" after helping someone, as a
> reference to the Verizon math fail.

  Then they really contributed very very little. :P

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> I've seen people do that before. It always gives me an uncontrollable
> urge to wring their neck... dunno why, though... :)

	Why should it? He's just being cheap - nothing wrong with that!

--
Every hard drive I've ever bought has been larger than all my previous
hard drives combined. And this is without even trying.
--Seen on Slashdot.org

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl

Post a reply to this message