POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know... : Re: You know... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know...
From: Warp
Date: 8 Jun 2009 17:56:35
Message: <4a2d8913@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote:
> Every hard drive I've ever bought has been larger than all my previous
> hard drives combined. And this is without even trying.

  That's actually not very hard to achieve. Each new hard drive has to be
only a bit over twice the size of the previous one.

  In fact, given how fast hard drive capacity grows, it would actually be
harder to *not* have this phenomenon happen, except for some exceptional
circumstances (eg. the HD you just bought breaks and you have to buy a
new one of the same size, for instance).

  (Yes, I know it was just your *signature*, not something you said.
I just couldn't resist.)

--
                                                          - Warp