POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very convincing... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Very convincing... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Darren New
Subject: Very convincing...
Date: 5 Jun 2009 12:49:54
Message: <4a294cb2$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/pressroom.asp#higher

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: alphaQuad
Subject: Re: Very convincing...
Date: 7 Jun 2009 18:30:00
Message: <web.4a2c3eebad0b32fb3559bb670@news.povray.org>
> http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/pressroom.asp#higher
>
> --
>    Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>    There's no CD like OCD, there's no CD I knoooow!

The evolution picture of ape to man has always made me think there is a missing
link. Once they can define rate of evolution and date known DNA, there might be
evidence of the missing link. That is, an unexplained jump in human evolution.

There would be no argument between theorists of evolution and intelligent design
if you eliminated competition of unproven and theoretical belief systems. You'd
think human intelligence at this point could do that. Apparently not.

You think for a second that it CANNOT be both? No intelligence greater than your
own? How arrogant is that? But you have a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle and can only
comprehend where the straight-edge pieces go. The picture is still incomplete.
Therefore only monkeys will argue the evolution/intelligent design puzzle.

One must admit the possibility of both, then we can make progress in
understanding for the lack of stubborn close mindedness. Was it just a
successful human-monkey mating that threw everything into this chaos, dropping
humans mental ability a notch or two?

Again Darren, not you personally. I'm just throwing it out there, as the article
made me ponder. And I might have gone off for reading so little of the article.

Apparently our social order is very similar, "I got my social status from my
mother also. Just like a bonobo chimpanzee would." This alone should defend
human/chimp relationship theory. That's phunny, no?

Makes me think of the Constitution, "... all men were created equal", certainly
not! They may have been created with intended equal social status to the more
gifted mind. But as for mental ability there seems to be NO equality.

Post a reply to this message

> The evolution picture of ape to man has always made me think there is a missing
> link. Once they can define rate of evolution and date known DNA, there might be
> evidence of the missing link. That is, an unexplained jump in human evolution.

What makes you think they haven't done this?

> There would be no argument between theorists of evolution and intelligent design
> if you eliminated competition of unproven and theoretical belief systems.

Bwaaa haa haa. As if mere evidence would be enough to disprove intelligent
design.

> You think for a second that it CANNOT be both?

No. I think there's no evidence of any intelligence manifesting in the
evolution of evolved creatures. Not that it cannot. Just that it doesn't
happen to be.

> One must admit the possibility of both, then we can make progress in
> understanding for the lack of stubborn close mindedness.

I think few disagree about the possibility of both. Scientists simply
disagree with the actual evidence of both.

> Again Darren, not you personally. I'm just throwing it out there, as the article
> made me ponder. And I might have gone off for reading so little of the article.

Yeah, I think so.  Maybe you should try reading the rest of the article
before analyzing the science behind it.  Poe's law strikes again.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)