POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very convincing... : Re: Very convincing... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very convincing...
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jun 2009 18:51:31
Message: <4a2c4473@news.povray.org>
alphaQuad wrote:
> The evolution picture of ape to man has always made me think there is a missing
> link. Once they can define rate of evolution and date known DNA, there might be
> evidence of the missing link. That is, an unexplained jump in human evolution.

What makes you think they haven't done this?

> There would be no argument between theorists of evolution and intelligent design
> if you eliminated competition of unproven and theoretical belief systems.

Bwaaa haa haa. As if mere evidence would be enough to disprove intelligent
design.

> You think for a second that it CANNOT be both?

No. I think there's no evidence of any intelligence manifesting in the
evolution of evolved creatures. Not that it cannot. Just that it doesn't
happen to be.

> One must admit the possibility of both, then we can make progress in
> understanding for the lack of stubborn close mindedness.

I think few disagree about the possibility of both. Scientists simply
disagree with the actual evidence of both.

> Again Darren, not you personally. I'm just throwing it out there, as the article
> made me ponder. And I might have gone off for reading so little of the article.

Yeah, I think so.  Maybe you should try reading the rest of the article
before analyzing the science behind it.  Poe's law strikes again.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)