POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smashing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Smashing (Message 11 to 20 of 39)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Smashing
Date: 8 Jun 2009 14:20:49
Message: <4a2d5681$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> If I were to go down this route, obviously I'd purchase some
> professionally prepaired thermite. But it seems kind of an expensive way
> just to get rid of some old SCSI HDs...

I don't think they can ship the ingredients in a mixed state. Too much
potential for a high-intensity fire.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2009 14:21:35
Message: <4a2d56af$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Or on a block of ice, particularly in an enclosed space.

You must have seen Mythbusters... :)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2009 14:30:33
Message: <4a2d58c9$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:18:22 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> Or on a block of ice, particularly in an enclosed space.
>
> You must have seen Mythbusters... :)

Every week it's on.....we even got to see them live here in Salt Lake
City - that was fun. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Jun 2009 16:30:50
Message: <4a2d74fa$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>
>> If I were to go down this route, obviously I'd purchase some
>> professionally prepaired thermite. But it seems kind of an expensive
>> way just to get rid of some old SCSI HDs...
>
> I don't think they can ship the ingredients in a mixed state. Too much
> potential for a high-intensity fire.

I was under the impression that thermite is quite hard to ignite.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> Or on a block of ice, particularly in an enclosed space.
>
> You must have seen Mythbusters... :)

No - but I've seen Brainiac...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/