POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Smashing : Re: Smashing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smashing
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Jun 2009 16:54:59
Message: <4a2d7aa3$1@news.povray.org>
>>> You must have seen Mythbusters... :)
>> No - but I've seen Brainiac...
>
> Mythbusters does air over there, but I forget on which channel.  You'd
> probably like it - partly for the funthings they do, and partly because
> you could deconstruct what they're doing and see the flaws in their
> methods.

Oh, I do watch it from time to time. A lot of the stuff they do isn't
that interesting. I did see them testing whether you can use explosives
to paint a room (no, oddly enough), whether shooting the window of an
airplane causes it to explode (also no), whether that guy in the Darwin
Awards could have got shot in the groin by using a bullet as a car fuse
(yet again, no), and whether a coin dropped from the top of the Empire
State Building would puncture human flesh (surprisingly, no).

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/