POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective comparison of computer languages. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Objective comparison of computer languages. (Message 19 to 28 of 38)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Objective comparison of computer languages.
Date: 2 Jun 2009 15:30:34
Message: <4a257dda@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In other words, there's full support for C++ in the system.

Cool. Good to know. One less fool language I'll have to learn if I ever get
into Mac development. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Warp
Date: 2 Jun 2009 15:36:19
Message: <4a257f33@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   In other words, there's full support for C++ in the system.

> Cool. Good to know. One less fool language I'll have to learn if I ever get
> into Mac development. :-)

  As I said, you'll have to learn Objective-C if you want to use Cocoa.
There's no way around it. It's just that *besides* Objective-C, you can
mix C++ into your program nicely, because Xcode supports Objective-C++.

  (The only alternative to Cocoa on MacOS (but not the iPhone) is the
older Carbon library, which is in pure C, but I really think you *don't*
want to use it.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message