POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective comparison of computer languages. : Re: Objective comparison of computer languages. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective comparison of computer languages.
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jun 2009 12:09:56
Message: <4a26a054@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> .NET comes with Windows nowadays.

> Oh, wait - you probably meant it comes with Vista.

That's pretty much what "nowadays" means, yes. Sure, if you're running an OS
version that was released before .NET was, it makes it hard to come with.

> The 25 to 30 minutes was just thrashing the HD back and forth.

You just like complaining, don't you? :-)

> In other words, it makes things easier for the developers, not the end
> users.

For both, really. Indeed, that's what the whole "one click" fiasco is about.
And you get less malware and unexplained lockups when the software you're
running is written in .NET, because it's checking for buffer overruns and such.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)