POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Objective comparison of computer languages. : Re: Objective comparison of computer languages. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Objective comparison of computer languages.
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Jun 2009 11:32:14
Message: <4a26977e$1@news.povray.org>
>> Really? Even though this then requires your customers to download
>> 250MB of data and install it before they can use your program?
>
> Most machines already have it by now. "Really? People use Linux? Even
> tho it requires downloading...?"  Yes, really. If it's a problem, you
> put it on a CD.

All I know is that we used to use one bit of software that required the
.NET 1.1 runtime, which basically meant you had to wait 25 to 30 minutes
for the runtime to install before you could install the actual program
itself (which took about 3 minutes to install). I always wondered why
the hell anybody would develop software this way...