POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watchmen vs The Incredibles Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Watchmen vs The Incredibles (Message 16 to 25 of 125)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Watchmen vs The Incredibles
Date: 15 May 2009 21:55:43
Message: <4a0e1d1f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
>> I'm just saying there that "The incredibles" has a very similar plot
>> to Watchmen
>
> No, you're saying Incredible was *inspired* by Watchmen, not just similar.
>
> You would need to show that Brad Bird, for example, was aware of
> Watchmen and knew the plot when he was making the Incredibles, as a
> minimum.

How could he not be aware of this classic?  You know Alan Moore was
featured in a Simpsons episode?  You know Brad Bird was creative
consultant to the Simpsons?  No, I don't know if the episode is from
before or after he left, what I do know is:

* a super-hero world where heroes are banned is by itself a very
non-conventional plot for a super-hero story (at least until Watchmen
got it done)
* the plot is kicked off when an older hero goes missing (and is found
to be dead)
* the villain threatens the world with a fake attack so that he can be
"heroic"
* the threat is a huge, monocular monster with tentacles
* the monster was raised in a remote Island
* the dead hero was killed because of what the plans he uncovered in the
Island
* cape is bad for your health

If that's not enough for a link, I'll eat my underwear...

Post a reply to this message