POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drugs for breakfast. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Drugs for breakfast. (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Drugs for breakfast.
Date: 15 May 2009 03:19:17
Message: <4a0d1775$1@news.povray.org>
I'd like a bowl of drugs, some scrambled brains on drugs, and a glass of
orange juice, please.

http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/s7188c.htm

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Drugs for breakfast.
Date: 15 May 2009 03:32:01
Message: <4a0d1a71@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I'd like a bowl of drugs, some scrambled brains on drugs, and a glass of
> orange juice, please.

> http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/s7188c.htm

  I have always wondered why English (at least American English) uses the
same word for medicine as for recreational drugs. Sure, there may be
*technical* reasons for using the same term for both, but it can certainly
become confusing, so wouldn't it be more *practical* to use completely
different names for the two things? Finnish uses two completely different
names and they are never mixed.

  Slogans like "say no to drugs" can be quite confusing when you realize
that most medicines are also "drugs". Are you going to say "no" to medicine
which will cure your illness?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message