POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drugs for breakfast. : Re: Drugs for breakfast. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drugs for breakfast.
From: Invisible
Date: 15 May 2009 10:10:48
Message: <4a0d77e8@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> 	I knew a guy who would buy a lot of Cheerios, and take it to his home
> country twice a year to give to his father who had heart problems, so I
> can see the FDA's point. OTOH, I'm not sure if government agencies
> should be going around trying too hard to prevent people from doing
> stupid things.

More like, the FDA should be stopping commercial enterprises making
unsubstantiated or misleading claims.

(It still annoys me that every time you see an advert for beauty
products they're littered with meaningless terms such as "nutivitemins"
and "age reperfect" and other psuedoscientific technobabble... As if
putting sciency words in your product blurb means it's a somehow
superior product.)