POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drugs for breakfast. : Re: Drugs for breakfast. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drugs for breakfast.
From: Warp
Date: 15 May 2009 12:39:01
Message: <4a0d9aa5@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> [6 Weeks later]
> H: Honey I'm almost done fixing the lock on our front door.

> W: I lowered my cholesterol to 180!

> H: Yeah, [wiping sweat from his brow] but you had Cheerios to help you.

> Commercials like that make me feel homicidal.

  Especially since there is some evidence that the detrimental effects
of cholesterol (even the "bad" LDL one) has been greatly exaggerated.

  Not that lowering your cholesterol (by healthy means) would be a bad
thing, because the means by which you lower your cholesterol also had
the fortunate side-effects that they remove other nasty stuff from your
body.

  But there's a limit to everything, of course. The body has a natural
cholesterol balancing mechanism, and thus cholesterol will never go under
a certain level because the body will actually start *producing* cholesterol
when it drops too low. The human body needs cholesterol to survive.

  (Motivated by the cholesterol myth, there have been some experiments
on artificially lowering cholesterol to unnaturally low levels by chemical
means, and these experiments have mostly been life-threateningly dangerous.)

--
                                                          - Warp