POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Completely random and silly questions Server Time
9 Oct 2024 07:00:18 EDT (-0400)
  Completely random and silly questions (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Completely random and silly questions
Date: 12 May 2009 21:42:25
Message: <4a0a2581$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 May 2009 15:29:44 -0400, Warp wrote:

> Since Andrew hasn't done this in a long while, I'll do it myself:
>
> 1) How many habanero chilis can an adult man eat without dying?

1 less than the lethal amount.

> 2) What's the difference between New York and York? What's the
> difference between New Jersey and Jersey?

In both cases, one is newer than the other.

> 3) What's wrong with couch potatoes?

They're uncomfortable to sit on.

> 4) Why is it called a "drive-through" even though you are supposed to
> stop?

You're supposed to stop?!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 May 2009 21:43:51
Message: <4a0a25d7@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:24:41 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> On the other hand, last weekend I ate a pizza with some chillis on it.
>
> First my throat was burning. Then my mouth was burning and my nose
> started to run. Then my *lips* started burning and my eyes were
> streaming. And by the time I finished the thing, my *stomach* felt numb!
> O_O
>
> An entire TWO HOURS later, my lips, mouth, throat and stomach were still
> numb.
>
> And to think Shelly asks for them to replace the chillis with jalipenos!
> Crazy woman!!

I've got some lovely habanero cheese here. :-)

Spicy food is something you have to build up a resistance to - takes
time.  Jalapenos aren't that hot, come to think I haven't had them on
pizza in a while (makes note to self).

Jim

Post a reply to this message