POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives (Message 71 to 80 of 140)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
Date: 21 Apr 2009 12:01:57
Message: <49ededf5$2@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   In this particular case it would cost the company money to implement the
> censorship. Letting all IP packets through without filtering costs them
> nothing extra.

	In the short term only. If some ISP is getting hurt by huge bandwidth
requirements (iplayer, youtube, Bittorrent, etc), in the long run they
may save more money by implementing filtering.

>>  That is not censorship, that is just business.
>
>   Also business has to obey the law.

	Yes, but it's not contradictory to have this law and still require
businesses to obey the previous laws.

--
"The security of the Enterprise is of Paramount importance.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message